Indulge in this glass of summertime featuring delicately crushed graham crackers, a light and fluffy yet rich and creamy chocolate mousse, and gooey toasted marshmallows. These s’mores parfaits create an elevated experience inspired by a childhood favorite. Whip these up for guests at your next summer gathering, or a date night in. Whatever the occasion, these are sure to impress.
6 jumbo marshmallows
12 graham crackers
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
3 large eggs
4 tbsp granulated sugar
2.5 oz Bixby baking chocolate
¼ cup strong coffee or espresso
- Set up a double boiler. Fill the bottom half of a double boiler with water until just below contact with the top half of the boiler. Bring to medium-high heat.
- Separate egg yolks from the whites and set aside the whites. Add egg yolks, coffee, and 3 tablespoons of sugar to the top of the double boiler and whisk continuously until mixture has reached the temp of 160 degrees fahrenheit.
- Remove from heat and add chocolate. Stir until chocolate has melted and is incorporated. Set aside to cool to room temp.
- Whip heavy cream to stiff peaks. Set aside. Whip egg whites to soft peaks. Add remaining one tablespoon of sugar and whip to stiff peaks. Fold the egg whites into the room temperature chocolate mixture to incorporate.
- Add whipped cream to the mixture and stir until combined. Add the graham crackers to a food processor and blend until crumbled and the texture of sand.
- Distribute the graham crackers into 3 or 6 serving bowls, glasses, or ramekins. Refrigerate until set, at least 2 hours. Just before serving, top with marshmallows and toast with a hand torch. Serve immediately.
- If you don’t have a hand torch, I recommend using oven-safe ramekins as serving containers. Add the marshmallows to the ramekins, place the ramekins onto a baking sheet and place in the center rack of the oven. Turn the oven to broil on high and broil the marshmallows for 1-2 minutes, or until the marshmallows reach desired level of toasted. Serve immediately.