Zucchini Bread with Cacao Nibs
This Zucchini Bread with Cacao Nibs is tender, moist, and just the right amount of sweet. Who knew eating vegetables could be this fabulous?! This loaf has two whole cups of veggie goodness. Each soft and fluffy slice features a lightly caramelized sugary crust and crunchy little bites of organic cacao nibs. Let’s dive in!
2 large eggs
2 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2 cup grated zucchini, packed
3/4 cup Bixby Cacao Nibs
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
1/2 cup granulated sugar
½ cup chopped walnuts
½ cup light brown sugar
3 tbsp turbinado sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 350 Fahrenheit and line a standard loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Shred zucchini using a box grater, discarding the ends.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, coconut oil, and vanilla extract. Add granulated and brown sugar, and zucchini and mix to combine.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Fold in cacao nibs and walnuts and mix until distributed.
- Combine the wet and dry mixtures and stir with a rubber spatula until just mixed. Transfer the batter to the prepared loaf pan. Top evenly with turbinado sugar.
- Bake for 60-65 minutes, or until a tester comes out mostly clean with just a few crumbs.
- Allow to cool for at least 10 minutes before slicing and serving.