Vegan Chocolate Rugelach
This vegan chocolate rugelach recipe features a tender and buttery pastry filled with silky and rich Bixby Chocolate. These treats are gorgeous and true showstoppers, but the preparation is simple utilizing a food processor to create the buttery, flaky dough, a good old pizza cutter to create the iconic crescent roll shape, and a basic filling of chopped chocolate.
4 oz Bixby Semisweet Baking Chips
4 oz vegan cream cheese, cold
2 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup vegan butter, cold
3 tbsp sugar
¼ tsp salt
- Cut the butter and cream cheese into large chunks. Add the cream cheese, butter, flour, and salt to a food processor and pulse until the mixture resembles coarse and wet sand.
- Dump the crumble onto a clean work surface and press the dough into a single mass. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate to chill for at least an hour.
- While the dough is chilling, finely chop the chocolate into small pieces.
- Once the dough is chilled, preheat the oven to 350 Fahrenheit. Cut the dough into thirds and roll into balls. Using a rolling pin, roll the balls into rounds about ⅛ inch thick. Sprinkle the chocolate evenly over the disk and gently press the filling into the dough. Cut into 8 triangles using a pizza cutter. Roll the triangles from the wide part to the point. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Place the rolled cookies, tip-side down, onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Fill a small bowl with water and lightly brush the pastries to wet the dough. Sprinkle the wetted dough with sugar. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until lightly golden.