Chocolate Chess Pie
Chocolate Chess Pie is a delicious tribute to classic chess pie with a little twist! This ooey gooey delicacy features a custard thickened by egg yolks and cornmeal. Bixby Bittersweet Baking Chips perfectly cut through a cloyingly sweet custard base, and a flakey and buttery pie crust bring tender texture and bite. This simple pie is a fabulous treat that you don’t want to miss.
1 premade pie crust
4 egg yolks
3 oz Bixby Bittersweet Baking Chips
⅔ cup heavy whipping cream
½ cup granulated sugar
½ cup brown sugar, packed
1 tbsp fine cornmeal
- Preheat the oven for 400 Fahrenheit. Line a 9-inch pie tin with a pre-made pie crust, cover with parchment paper, and fill with pie weights. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until lightly golden. Remove from the oven and set aside. Reduce the oven temperature to 325 Fahrenheit.
- Add heavy whipping cream and bittersweet baking chips to a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Melt completely, stirring continuously. Set aside to cool.
- Separate egg yolks from white and whisk the yolks until completely smooth. In a large mixing bowl, combine egg yolks, cooled melted chocolate mixture, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and cornmeal. Combine thoroughly until no yellow streaks remain.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the prebaked crust and transfer to the oven. Bake for 45-60 minutes, or until the pie is just giggly in the center.
- Allow the pie to cool before slicing and serving.