Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
Chocolate Crinkle Cookies are made for cozy winter nights. Brownie-like and tender cookies made from rich chocolate, the brilliant white powdered sugar coating evocative of the fluffy snow just outside. Cuddle up fireside with a cold glass of milk and warm crinkle cookies fresh from the oven made with the perfect balance of semisweet and bittersweet chocolate.
2 large eggs
1 stick salted butter, room temperature
1 cup all purpose flour
3/4 cup granulated sugar
½ cup cocoa powder
½ cup powdered sugar
1 ½ tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350 Fahrenheit.
- Melt the semisweet and bittersweet chocolate together in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave until completely melted, stirring every 20 seconds. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add butter and sugar. Beat on medium until incorporated, about 1 minute. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing until incorporated. Add the melted chocolate and vanilla extract and continue mixing until no longer streaky.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder. Add the dry mixture to the wet and mix until just combined.
- Form the dough into even balls, roughly 2 heaping tablespoons in size. Add the powdered sugar to a bowl and roll the cookie dough balls generously in the powdered sugar to coat.
- Place the cookies on a greased or parchment lined cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until just set with a crackly surface. Remove from the oven and allow to cool until just warm before removing from the cookie sheets and enjoying.