This recipe is inspired by the classic Pot de Crème and this vegan version features the same rich chocolate flavor and unbelievably smooth texture Silken tofu and Bixby Semisweet Chocolate Baking Chips are an unexpected match made for creating lustrous, satiny textures.
12 oz silken tofu
½ cup granulated sugar
4 tbsp coconut oil
1. Set up a double boiler by adding 2 inches of water to the bottom saucepan and place over medium-high heat.
2. Add the semisweet chocolate, granulated sugar, and coconut oil to the top half of the double boiler and melt the chocolate completely.
3. Continue heating, stirring with a rubber spatula, until the sugar is no longer grainy and has dissolved, about 1 additional minute.
4. Add the silken tofu and chocolate mixture to a food processor and blend until completely smooth.
Note: an immersion blender works too.
5. Portion the mixture into four ramekins or serving dishes of your choice and refrigerate to cool and set completely, at least 2 hours.
6. Top with additional chopped Bixby Semisweet Chocolate Baking Chips, vegan whipped cream, or cacao nibs and enjoy!