Cabernet & Chocolate Lava Cake for 2
This Cabernet & Chocolate Lava Cake for 2 is a dessert made in sultry, romance novel paradise. Cabernet Sauvignon and Bittersweet Chocolate both bring gorgeous intensity to this sweet treat. This cake may appear tender and fluffy on the outside, but cut into it to find a warm, oozing, custard-like center. Light some candles, dim the lights, and dive in for the perfect date night at home.
2 large egg
2.5 oz Bixby Bittersweet Baking Chips
¼ cup Cabernet Sauvignon of choice
¼ cup granulated sugar, plus more for the ramekin
3 tbsp all-purpose flour
3 tbsp unsalted butter, cut into cubes, plus more for ramekins
½ tsp vanilla extract
⅛ tsp kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 425 Fahrenheit. Prepare two oven-safe ramekins by greasing with butter.
- Add cabernet sauvignon, butter, and chocolate to a small pot. Heat over medium-low heat until the mixture is completely melted and combined, stirring occasionally.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar, and vanilla until the sugar is dissolved, and the mixture is lighter in color. Add flour, and mix until combined.
- Fold the melted chocolate mixture into the egg mixture until smooth. Pour the batter evenly into the two prepared ramekins and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are set, but the center is still squishy when gently pressed with a knife.
- Remove from the oven and run a knife along the edges of the cake to loosen it from the ramekin. Invert the ramekins onto a serving plate and gently tap until the cake releases from the ramekin. Lightly dust with powdered sugar, and serve warm.