Bixby Vegan Peppermint Hot Cocoa Cookies
These Vegan Peppermint Hot Cocoa Cookies feature a classic chocolate cookie that butter and tender in the center with just enough crunch on the edges. Dipped in a peppermint-infused vegan bark, these babies will transport you to a winter wonderland! Dip them in ice cold milk, enjoy them warm and fresh from the oven, or have them with a side of Bixby Drinking Chocolate!
5 oz Bixby Semisweet Chocolate Baking Chips
1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
½ cup vegan butter, room temperature
½ cup cocoa powder
½ cup granulated sugar
½ cup brown sugar, packed
3 tbsp water
1 tbsp flaxseed meal
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ teaspoon baking soda
4 oz vegan vanilla bark or white melting chips
½ tsp peppermint extract
½ cup peppermint candies or candy canes
- Prepare flax egg. In a small bowl, whisk together flaxseed meal and water. Set aside for five minutes to become a gell. Roughly chop the baking chips.
- Utilizing a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, beat the vegan butter and sugars on medium speed until combined. Add flaxseed egg and vanilla and mix until incorporated.
- Add flour, cocoa powder, and baking soda and mix until a dough forms. Add chocolate baking chips, and mix to distribute.
- Roll dough into balls utilizing about 2 heaping tablespoons of dough per cookie. Place on baking sheets lined with parchment about two inches apart.
- Refrigerate dough for at least 30 minutes before baking.
- Preheat the oven to 350 Fahrenheit. Once the dough is chilled, bake for 14-16 minutes, or until crisp on the edges, but soft and just baked in the center. Allow to cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before dipping.
- While the cookies are cooling, crush the candy canes into small pieces using a rolling pin and clean work surface. add the vanilla bark to a small saucepan over low heat. Stirring continuously, melt completely. Once melted, whisk in the peppermint extract.
- Once the cookies are cooled and set, dip them halfway into the melted peppermint bark and return to the baking sheet. Sprinkle with the crushed candy canes. Repeat with the remaining cookies and allow to cool completely before enjoying!