Chocolate Drizzled Macaroons
These Chocolate Drizzled Macaroons are the sweet and chewy flourless cookie of your dreams. Chocolate and coconut are a dream team in this treat! The utterly sweet and tender flaked coconut is perfectly balanced by the deeply rich Bixby chocolate drizzle.
2 large egg whites
3 oz Bixby Semisweet Baking Chips
2 cup sweetened coconut
¼ cup canned coconut milk, full fat
¼ cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
Pinch sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 325 Fahrenheit.
- Add coconut to a food processor and pulse until most of the flakes are chopped to roughly rice-sized pieces.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together egg whites, coconut milk, sugar, vanilla extract, and sea salt until combined.
- Fold coconut into the mixture and stir until the flakes are evenly coated.
- Using a spoon, tablespoon, or small cookie scoop, press the mixture into balls and place on a parchment or silicone lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until lightly golden. Remove from the oven and prepare the chocolate drizzle. Add the semisweet baking chips to a microwave-safe bowl, and microwave for about 15 seconds at a time, stirring between each session until completely melted.
- Using a spoon or piping bag, drizzle the cookies evenly with the melted chocolate. Allow to cool and set completely before enjoying.