Chocolate Chunk Banana Bread. You know the drill, this loaf is soft, moist, and generously speckled with pools of melted chocolate in each bite. This banana bread is most successful with overripe bananas, but if you’re not quite patient enough to wait for your bananas to brown, your fresh bananas will work too!
2 large ripe bananas
1 ½ cup all purpose flour
¾ Bixby Semisweet Baking Chips, roughly chopped
½ cup butter, softened or melted
⅓ cup whole milk
½ cup brown sugar, packed
⅓ cup maple syrup
1 ½ tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, chocolate chips, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg and stir until just mixed.
- Prepare wet ingredients by mashing bananas. Then add egg, butter, whole milk, brown sugar, and maple syrup, and mash and stir until well-mixed.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and stir just until a sticky dough forms, taking care not to over mix.
- Add to a loaf pan lined with parchment paper and bake for 55-65 minutes. Check by poking it with a knife in the center, it’s done when the knife comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for at least 10 minutes before removing from the pan and enjoying your fresh loaf of chocolate chip banana bread.
- Pro tip: Slice your bread and freeze, so you can have it on hand whenever you really want it! Simply reheat an individual slice when the cravings strike!